Do acupuncturists understand what western doctors prescribe?

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Do acupuncturists understand what western doctors prescribe?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Xakery Xakery 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Xakery
    Xakery
    Participant

Just wanted to ask if acupuncturists actually study to some extent, about why doctors prescribe certain medicines, to avoid medicines and treatments to counteract each other? or react in a negative way?

Abie
    Abie
    Participant

yes, they do go through some, but depends on the course they have done, as in the UK, courses can vary (and also the rest of Europe) but the US acupuncture system is pretty advanced, and they do have to undergo a lot of study as far as im aware.

Filia
    Filia

just checked their curriculum, and degree levels have some study on medicines and how they work and interact.

but i wonder how they can relate it, as it’s not always clear, what way the medicine will work towards each organ, and TCM looks at organs differently.

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

Yes they do, but depends on each acupuncturist and their skill level, and knowledge as well as study they have done at university. The US is advanced as they have to do masters level, to even be allowed to treat anyone.

Xakery
    Xakery
    Participant

Yeah i did contact some courses/colleges.
    I liked this course that guides acupuncturists on western medical terms:

http://www.acupuncturecollege.org.uk/cpd-courses/the-acupuncturists-guide-to-western-medicines/

It seems to be useful for acupuncturists, but that is, if they don’t know enough about western medicine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.