When to acupuncture?

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine When to acupuncture?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Amina amina 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amina
    amina
    Participant

Hi,

so i wanted to ask a question, just to whoever can answer.. it’s a bit general and simple since i don’t know a lot at the moment, but i wondered, is there any specific indications/ contraindications for acupuncture like there is for drugs in western medicine? so times that it would be bad or dangerous to do it? or any particular types of conditions that its best for?

thanks in advance! :D

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

Hey Amina,

Thats a good question as many people relate daoist acupuncture with timing being an important factor. but sensibility is more important in this case, and if the patient is there in front of you, then now is the best time for needling.

There are guidelines that the patient should be awake (not just woken up, so he is half sleepy), so treatment is effective, but this is a general guideline.

Amina
    amina
    Participant

Hi Z!

Thank you for your answer, thats really interesting!
    to follow on from that, so is acupuncture then a suitable treatment for any/ majority of diseases? or are there any conditions that another treatment is preferred?
    sorry for the weird questions, i’m just trying to understand the extent to which this technique can be applied you see :D

Danny
    Danny

what about if the patient is already very tired? should you wait till another day if its not serious and can wait?

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

yes you can treat for all conditions, it depends on the acupuncturist’s knowledge and training, on how well he/she can treat the patient.

Yes sometimes it is good enough to take a pain killer when you have a headache, but sometimes that doesn’t resolve the issue.

personally I try to coexist with western medicine, as using both methods sometimes is the best way through.

RE: Danny, yes you can wait another day, but its about being sensible about it. Can the patient wait? You have to look at the situation and see from there.

Amina
    amina
    Participant

that makes sense, thanks so much for your help! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.