What is the best diet?

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine What is the best diet?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Lexi Lexi 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lexi
    Lexi
    Participant

What are each of your ideal diets which you try to stick to and what is the reasoning behind them? Do you keep a balanced diet with the typical western food pyramid orr vegan, vegetarian etc? :O :O
    I think I might try the 5-2 diet where you fast for 2 days a week and the rest of the week you can eat pretty much what you like (obv not wont go crazy :P ). Has anyone tried this and is it safe?

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

Cant believe no one has replied to you yet, seems like a hot topic haha! I’d avoid a diet like that, it pretty much sounds like a crash diet which wont really be too great for you in the long term because what youll end up doing is carb loading and eating crap all week with your body going into starvation mode for 2 days.

If you want to fast, dont allow for such dramatic changes as it can cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels.

This may also damage stomach/spleen qi and your stomachs absorption ability depending on how much you abuse it.

Quie
    Quie Bian
    Participant

@sultan, I swear it would also give your pancreas one hell of a ride…
    I try to stick to a balanced (but more meat protein based) diet where I minimise grains as much I can, I feel this is necessary because of my training. Couldn’t imagine being 100% vegi.

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

lol yeah it probably would!!

Also forgot to mention that you should probably limit raw foods too, it is best to very lightly cook it if possible just because it is cold energy which also wont do favours for your stomach. The same reason why we avoid drinking cold water.

Lexi
    Lexi
    Participant

Hmmmm, actually I think diet plan is not meant to actually be ‘eat whatever you want’ in the 5 days maybe more like eat balanced with a bit of leeway and then 2 days of fasting.
    Ohh really?? :O I always drink cold water, maybe I should cut that down thenn.

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

I guess in that sense, it wouldnt be too bad. Fasting can be a great detox and give your stomach a rest, but then again, not everyone has the same conditions.

Perhaps you could try giving a meat-based protein diet a go? It can help any hormonal imbalance (which most of us have anyway) and gives a real boost in energy levels!

You basically eat either red or white meat with some steamed spinach if you like and zero sugars including fats, carbs and, well sugar lol. Try it a for 2 weeks and see how you feel afterwards, it isn’t easy though haha

Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Depends on your goal. To gain strength and rebuild the body including hormone balance and diabetes as well as restore beauty, the protein diet. Bit if your trying to feel energy more and already are at an advanced stage then vegetarian diet.

People often go back and forth as both are needed at various times in life

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

That’s a good point mark, I seemed to forget that its not always all about protein! But for me, I think for now I should fully follow it through.

Danny
    Danny

this article explains about the protein diet in the best ways possible:

http://humancure.com/stop-hormone-imbalance-naturally-and-surely/

It also expands on the benefits of the diet, and that it can get rid of all bad food addictions if done for just 2 weeks, and this is a great starting step for peopling wanting to renew their system and stop bad eating habits as well as reset hormones (vital for youth and looking great).

Anna
    Anna K
    Participant

Wow, that sounds exciting, a good read! I really want to try that out but all of my close friends into health (vegans, vegetarians etc) tell me about how the quality of the meat can mean suppliers add a bunch of hormones into it to make it more attractive, isn’t this going to affect your own hormonal system?
    Also, some studies have shown how a certain compound (carnitine) in red meat has caused the hardening of blood vessels? Or is this more of a long term thing?
    And lastly, why does it have to be animal protein, would plant alternatives not suffice?

Henry
    Henry
    Participant

Animal protein (specifically from mammals) is most easily digested by the human body as humans are mammals too. If you try to take the same protein from plants it simply wont work. It is also energetically better, if you want to tonify the stomach, you eat lots of red meat, specifically beef, because beef is earth element, and so is stomach; it sounds weird but this is the eastern science behind it.

Yes it is better to buy organic meats or from trusted meat suppliers, just like you would your veggies… but even then, being on a pure protein diet, is way better than being on carbs for renewing hormone system of the body.

Lean red meat won’t cause hardening of vessels, animal fats with no exercise will however. So this is why exercise is also an important factor too.

But you can stay in this diet for long term, many do, to build their organ strength.

Amy93
    Amy93
    Participant

good stuff henry!

Lexi
    Lexi
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)
    All sources have been a help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.