Treating patients who never listen

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Treating patients who never listen

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Admin Z 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abie
    Abie
    Participant

Hi,

I am an acupuncturist and am having a hard time trying to convince patients to follow their regime at home. And it is so annoying that they go home, mess up their diet, and mess their system up by not doing the exercises prescribed, and then coming back sick…

any advice?

Filia
    Filia

if that happens to me, i give my patients an option, either they do the exercises prescribed, or I will have to drop their case and take another client. Because spending time with them who doesnt want to be helped, is taking my time who i could have helped ten other people.

Martinkib
    Martinkib
    Participant

Yeah i agree with that

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

Yes if patients don’t follow protocol, give them a warning two times, and third time as a last warning and then let them go. It will only make your practice much harder and not allow other patients to take their place who could be better helped.

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

I think sometimes we forget that the patients we treat have certain psychological/emotional tendencies that have got them where they are in the first place.

It should almost be expected that the patient does not listen or follow through the prescribed treatment fully. Most people today (or perhaps always) lack integrity to follow through on anything, only maybe when their life immediately depends on it.

So in my opinion, part of the healing as acupuncturists comes from weakening those patterns and inspiring them to change – usually by giving them perspective on their current life/health situation. If you are able to dedicate enough time to them, you have the possibility to provide them a deeper level medicine, beyond just prescribing.

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

well said @sultan

the whole point they are coming to get treated, is their habits getting them to where they are, diet habits, life choice habits and tendencies of emotional reactions (which can drain hormones).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.