Thyroid problems

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Thyroid problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Aaronwex Aaronwex 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craigsow
    Craigsow
    Participant

Hey guys, posting after a while now.

I was wondering how eastern medicine approaches thyroid problems, especially the ones that aren’t yet that extreme yet for any synthroid or similar medications.

Can someone help me with this?

Aaronwex
    Aaronwex
    Participant

Eastern medicine has various views. But thyroid and hormone problems are all corrected with our famous protein diet. i’d like to make a special request to the forum moderators to post about the protein diet on the blog so we can link to it when people ask questions.

I like what they say about the paleo diet which is similar to the protein diet, except protein diet you aren’t allowed carbs, and its a strictly more of a temporary diet, compared to paleo diet – read about paleo here: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

Its at least a good start, but eating sugar and fat should be reduced, and should help control thyroid.

But diet control is part of it, and it will depend on each individual case, and if the glands are hypo or hyper and the state of other organs.

Craigsow
    Craigsow
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Yes, I have read that certain vitamins and combination with protein diet is a great support for thyroid. But also depending on like you said, being hyper or hypo, we sometimes supplement from iodine.

But should you supplement anyway on a low dose from it if you have a feeling something is wrong?

Aaronwex
    Aaronwex
    Participant

You should first get a clear diagnosis before you ever supplement from iodine. Too many people take iodine for no reason, and think it’s fine, but you shouldn’t do that, as iodine can be damaging to the body, especially when you don’t need it and you take it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.