Needling methods in acupuncture

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Needling methods in acupuncture

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Admin Z 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abie
    Abie
    Participant

Are there many variations of needling methods in acupuncture? I am studying acupuncture and i have only seen methods using pipet tube to needle. are there other methods like described in the neijing?

FtepmanEr
    FtepmanEr
    Participant

yes there are, but not as commonly used in the west it seems. Neijing describes some very cool things, but very hard to understand what they mean in it, unless you have been taught by an actual acupuncture master who knows what he’s talking about.

Murray
    murray

Interesting, they use direct needling without pipet where i am from, and i never seen pipe or tube needling methods before.

Nico
    Nico
    Participant

they teach pipe method because its most effective and most easy to teach i would imagine.

Saanderson1987
    Steven

Not really. I have seen treatments done without tubes that are just as effective if not more. I don’t think they even had tubes to use when needling 4,000 years ago.

Besides, haven’t heard neijing talk about using a tube to needle either. and that is one the main authorities of acupuncture.

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

agree with Steven to an extent. I personally don’t use guiding tube for needling either. There are a lot of needling methods, and some require a lot of practice before you can use them on patients.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.