How to make herbal forumlas

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine How to make herbal forumlas

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Idra Idra 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Farahbade
    farahbade

I’ve had a question regarding herbal formulas and how one can go about making some. So if I had kidney stones for example, what is the process to know what goes with what?

GavinKim
    GavinKim

Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. It is very difficult to make a formula out of thin air with herbs and the ones that do exist have taken a long time to come about by leading herbologists.

As an acupuncturist, don’t worry about making a tonic to fix your own or your patients problems. Do the basics well and go off what you know. For example, diagnosing whats disharmony is causing the kidney stones to form and working on that.

Idra
    Idra

I second that. You can’t just mash some herbs together. If A does one thing and B does another, you cannot just assume combining them both does A+B. Some herbs when mixed won’t have the same effect or may even create an A+B+C effect.
    Where did the C come from? You need total awareness and understanding what every herb does inside the body on its own and in combination before you can even begin to think about mixing several.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.