herbology and what it works for

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine herbology and what it works for

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Admin Z 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Fenmiemr
    Fenmiemr
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I have been considering studying herbology here in London, but i can’t seem to understand to what extent herbs will help. I really want to know and wanted to see if you helped patients fully cure anything with just herbs?

I just never hear enough about it and there are very minimal trails that are publically available, as the ones done are secret by the pharmaceutical companies, after all they invested in the research so why would they make it public – which is still kind of sad.

Any help here would be appreciated.

WilliamDrecy
    WilliamDrecy
    Participant

Herbs do work, but it depends on herbalists skill and understanding in how he/she combines them for the condition he is prescribing for.

Gregoryjag
    Gregoryjag

It can work as a supplement to a condition, part of a holistic treatment

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

I personally use herbs for my patients, and that is to help them stay strong whilst I carry on normal acupuncture treatment, as well as any lifestyle changes and western treatment they would need.

So yes it works, but it’s used as a support tool.

Scottfus
    Scottfus

I guess it depends on how you think of herbs. Many people think just taking a herb that is good for so and so condition is good enough – this is very basic and wont work effectively for most cases. It needs to be part of a formula, that is when it will work better and do what the description of the herb says it would do.

make sense? =P

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

@scottfus – very well said. Indeed single ingredients do not work as well as when combined.

Danny
    Danny

Herbology can be used in many cases, but ideally you would want to use acupuncture as the main treatment and supplement it with herbs if needed.

For example if the patient is weak, and needs constant tonification support, I would keep him/her on a tonic formula that would support him whilst he/she gets treatment from me once a week.

Duyen
    Duyen

It can help, but as the other commenter said, you should use it alongside acupuncture treatments for max benefit and treatment results.

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

Yes, herbs also help as you cannot usually see the patient everyday, and you can try to get similar effects using herbs whilst patient is away from the clinic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.