Going to Chiropractors

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Going to Chiropractors

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Eugenejes Eugenejes 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eugenejes
    Eugenejes
    Participant

I’ve been suffering from terrible lower back pain, everytime I’m about to play some kind of sports or even get up to quickly, I can feel my lower back on the verge of kicking in.
    Decided to go see chiropractor, anyone have any experience? Do they work?

Frankadofs
    Frankadofs

Well I haven’t had any experience myself but I did see this interesting video.

Kafele
    Kafele

My experience was very unpleasant. Mine doesn’t sound as bad as yours but i went for the same reason. After just the first session i felt horrible and my spine was stiffer and more painful than before.
    Wouldnt recommend to anyone to be honest.

Josef
    Josef

I’ve heard similar horror stories from people who have gone to get an ‘adjustment’. Ive always steered clear because there isnt really much regulation in chiropractors.

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

That’s the problem with chiropractioners; there isn’t much in terms of treatment and most of the time they dont know what theyre doing. Knowledge of the anatomy of the spine is not enough to help with all back problem under the sun.
    And to some degree, it is the same with acupuncturists who obtain a lisence to practise after a weekend course.
    I wouldn’t recommend you going. The spine is a very delicate part of the body and you shouldn’t let just anyone play around with. It contains the connections to your nervous system and negligence can mean long term damage.

CharlesMr
    CharlesMr
    Participant

I don’t recommend it at all. I got fascinated by all these youtube videos especially the cracking compliations and decided to go.
    Now there is an ongoing ache in back after just one visit

Ethel
    Ethel

If you google negative case studies of chiropractic, some pretty severe side effects.

Donald
    Donald

How old are you? A common cause of back problems can literally just be a weak back if its not an injury that caused it.

You should try simple core strengthening exercises and see how you feel after say a month

Eugenejes
    Eugenejes
    Participant

That’s what my doctor recommended I do. I didn’t end up goingto the chiro and decided to try and fix this myself first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.