Flu Epidemic – Prevention and Treatment?

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine Flu Epidemic – Prevention and Treatment?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Harry Harry 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dantien
    Dantien

There’s been a flu epidemic in the UK and quite a few people have been hospitalised or even died this season. For the acupuncturists in the forum, is there any thing in eastern medicine to prevent or tips if we have caught a flu?

Sultan
    sultan
    Keymaster

The basics that even NHS advises is good to go off. Don’t exert yourself, take paracetamol every 4 hours, drink plenty of water etc.
    From an eastern perspective, I’d also say stay out of the cold and wind. Though you might feel hot from a fever and layer down a bit to cool off, don’t start opening windows or going outside without being properly covered. Cover the feet and make sure you are eating nutritious food regularly – something like bone broth is great.

RaymondNup
    RaymondNup
    Participant

I heard about the Japanese flu killing quite a few people in the UK. Scary that there is an epidemic.

Harry
    Harry

I’ve been floored from the flu for the past 3 days with a recurring fever. Not sure what to do as I’m doing all the usual things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.