dangers of vegetarian diet?

Home Forum Discuss and Talk Alternative Medicine dangers of vegetarian diet?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Steve steve williams 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    Danny

Can someone help me understand what the dangers are for being a vegan in terms of health? and why should one avoid it if possible and also the pros of being in a vegan diet.

CHRISSY
    CHRISSY
    Participant

im not sure about that.. but maybe its related to not having enough B vitamins. And apparently getting your Bs from veggie sources is not the same thing.

Steve
    steve williams
    Participant

i tried being a vegan for a while. felt nice. but i don’t like to stay on it all the time, as i need meat in my life. i think people changing diet just for the sake of animals suffering is stupid, because plants and leafs also have immune systems, and also feel the pains of being cut up. and each time these so called vegans breathe, they kill millions of small airborne bacteria, so perhaps they should not breathe as well?

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

too much raw foods will have a negative effect on the spleen, and this will cause a lot of problems health wise.

as daoists tho, they change to a veggie diet for certain purposes (and def not animal cruelty reasons) and meat eating diet only for other reasons (just as renewing internal organs like the stomach and hormone system.

i’ve been a vegetarian and its great too. especially helps get into deeper into meditation for me. but ive needed to be on a pure red meat diet too, which helped balance my hormones. so diet should really be what you need at that time, rather than arguing about what is the best way, as there is no best way that people seem to think, as we all are different.

Danny
    Danny

Yeah i was thinking the same, but wanted to know for sure. @Z

I will have to try that. Will being on red meat make you angry in general tho? and what can you do to avoid that?

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

it can increase anger a little bit, but you should be exercising enough and putting it into constructive use, rather than letting your emotions go wild. and also meditation will help a lot if done 20 minutes a day.

Steve
    steve williams
    Participant

i like that type of thinking actually @Z – thanks for sharing

Mark
    Mark
    Participant

also, we can’t digest veggies as well as we can with meats. veggies can actually be stuck in the stomach due to poor digestive system (and external stresses as well).

I wonder how ulcer will be treated – will open another thread for that actually

Gabrielle1980
    Gabrielle1980
    Participant

You are more prone to being diabetic and aanemic if you are a vegetarian. That’s all I’m gonna say.

Amy93
    Amy93
    Participant

I didnt know you are more prone to being diabetic and anemic. my mom is anemic and a vegetarian. what should she do if she wants to at least stop the anemic condition?

Quie
    Quie Bian
    Participant

@amy93, maybe grind up some red meat and mix into her food :P

But no really, I dont know which vege foods can help the red blood cell count, but if she is open to moxa then thats a reliable option.

Admin
    Z
    Keymaster

beef has to be priority, and less cooked, the better to build red blood cell count. this is because it is fastest converted to amino acids and easiest for the body to digest, compared to vegetables or supplements.

people often think vegetables are easiest to digest, but this is the exact opposite. vegetables can sometimes stay for a long time in the digestive tract, causing problems – whereas meat like beef easily breaks down.

This is not common knowledge unfortunately.

Danny
    Danny

i guess beef it is then. my grandma always said beef is underrated. i guess it helps explain why she is still alive at 98.

EricKim
    EricKim
    Participant

Nah its perfectly fine to be a vegetarian, it just has to be raw or mostly raw.

EricKim
    EricKim
    Participant

Some impressive stuff said here. But its just hard to find a sustainable source of beef. As all the buffalos were killed off to starve the Native americans. Feedlot cattle are not good enough for your nutrition. They are fed antibiotics.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.